Friday, February 15, 2013

Down in the Market


Down in the Market of La Sal-le   I am selling apples.
  Down in the Market of La Sal-le I am selling cheese.
Who'll buy my apples, buy my shiny apples?
  Who'll buy my apples and buy my cheese?

4 44 4 4  4 6 8 8    1 1 1 1   6 -  4-    
4 44 4 4  4 6 8 8    1 1 1 1   4 - - -
6 -  5  6   4  - 1 -     6  6  5  6 4 -  1 -  
6 -  5  6   8 - b7 6   5 - 8 - 6 - - -

Round, handclap game.   
Two pairs of players face each other crossways (i.e., standing north, south, east and west, they reach across each others' hands to their partners.)   Lap, clap, touch both hands flat with partner, clap.

The first set of partners sings "Down in the market" (two beats) when the second pair starts to sing "Down in the Market."

When one pair is reaching across to touch the other partner's hands, the other pair is doing lap.  They all clap together.

No comments:

Post a Comment